McConnel Ltd is seeking a Prototype Development Engineer...
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
As part of a team, the Development Engineer will be responsible for producing jigs and prototype machines to support production.
- Produce parts and welded assemblies from drawings.
- Produce drilling and welding jigs from drawings of parts/assemblies to enable batch production.
- Provide support in the operation and safe use of tooling ensuring that our quality standards are met.
- Comply with HSE requirements at all times.
- ONC in Mechanical, agricultural Engineering or related field or following a recognised apprenticeship.
- Familiar with standard machine shop equipment and tools including lathes, millers and drills.
- Familiar with drawings and able to work accurately to the specifications of the drawings.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal. Agricultural background would be advantageous.
- Ability to Problem-solve and trouble shoot with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing workloads essential.
- Ability to integrate effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Flexible to travel to other manufacturing sites within the Group.