Spearhead is seeking an experienced Design Engineer
Competitive Salary & Benefits package
Spearhead Machinery Ltd is Europe’s foremost manufacturer of tractor mounted vegetation control equipment, leading the way in Rotary Mower design and innovation. With major expansion of the product range planned for 2018 Spearhead’s Engineering department currently has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer. This an excellent opportunity to join an established organisation within the agricultural and municipal vegetation control machinery sector, offering a friendly work environment with a team that is passionate about developing its business globally.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, predominantly focusing on new product design and ongoing product development, whilst also overseeing areas including research, prototyping, engineering documentation and process improvement. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Design Engineer, but will closely collaborate with all business functions in the effective deliverance of all design projects under their responsibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assume direct responsibility for the design and development of new products complimenting the Spearhead Machinery Ltd product range.
- Work closely with Sales, Service and Manufacturing departments on problem solving and product improvement.
- Upgrade product and reduce service failures whilst cost consulting marketing personnel.
- Work closely with Production Engineering and Manufacturing to improve manufacturability, assembly and serviceability of products.
- Focus on cost reduction initiatives in association with other departments across the business.
- Prepare engineering drawings in SolidWorks.
- Assist senior management with technical guidance where required.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with key customers and suppliers’ external to the organization.
- Create and record technical documentation relating to research, design, HSE and production for all projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical or hydraulic engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
- Ability to integrate effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent IT skills including windows based software.